Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Man - O - War

I was in a cranky mood yesterday so ordinary situations that usually don't bother me were getting on my nerves.

Winter has finally decided to make an appearance in Athens, so it is pretty cold (relatively speaking). I always try to dress nicely for tango class because I work from home so I usually spend all day in crappy clothes. Secondly, years ago I'd read somewhere that you have to dress well to show your respect to the dance. But with this cold weather, dressing warm took the place of dressing well.

Anyway, I got to class and, surprise, surprise, no men again. Six women and two men, plus the teacher.

This is starting to get really irritating. Okay, it's better for the men, as they have to learn much more than we do. We just have to follow and if well led, even a beginner can look amazing. So it's nice that the men always have someone to dance with. But for the women... what to say.

It's not the school's fault. Men just don't take dance classes. But I'm so sick of doing figure of eights while waiting my turn for a man! Mercy! How many figure of eights can I possibly do? Especially when it's a really nice song and I just want to dance, it's almost depressing to be stuck on the bar, watching your badly dressed reflection and trying to tango with it.

I know this blog doesn't get many readers but I'm getting desperate. What would make the men come to tango? How about if we offered to dance naked, or drenched in beer, or naked and drenched in beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment