Monday, November 30, 2009

I Don't Wanna Dance with Somebody

I think I've burnt myself out with how ballistic I went for tango in the first two months. As of today, I enter month 3 of my tango journey and have found that Monday lessons always go kinda crappy.

The boy-drought continues, my hubby no longer has time to come to class and my stress levels are so high that instead of taking the opportunity to rotate partners and dance with the teacher at least once per lesson, I slink away to the bar to practice figure of eights. At the moment with all the other stresses in my life, overnight it's become too much pressure to be under the spotlight of the teacher.

This is not a good strategy at all. For one thing, dancing with someone who knows what they're doing is the best way to highlight where you are going wrong. Secondly, practically jumping out of the window every time the teacher approaches you makes you look uncommitted at best and a snob at worst.

I can't help it, but it is a shame at the same time. I need to get serious!

***

Lashings of tango hotness are heading our way this weekend with the Argentine tango show, Tango Por Dos. Running from the 3rd to the 5th of December at the lovely Megaro Mousikis theatre, tickets cost from EUR 25 up to 65, ph 210-7282333.

No comments:

Post a Comment